- Violet has recently been caught licking “clean” her silverware and putting it back in the drawer or the clean dishwasher. This leaves me with the pleasant task of sorting through the dishes looking for tongue streaks.
- Lions and tigers and bears, Oh My! Tomorrow we are going to the zoo in Providence Rhode Island. I love going to the zoo.
- Yesterday Violet and I made an apple crisp together. She loves to help me bake because I let her dump the measuring cups and spoons full of interesting powders into the bowl. She tastes every one.
- I could really use a babysitter for twenty minutes. Just twenty minutes so I can go to laundry. I’m pretty sure that I cater to Henry’s want-to-be-held way too much. Crying stresses me out.
- I actually need to go turn on the a/c here in a minute. Can you believe it?
- Today is a birthday for one of my brothers. If you live in the seattle area, please check out the new restaurant where he is the chef. Here is the link for their website. I haven’t been yet because the place just opened a few weeks ago, but I’m told it’s good! It’s a pizza, etc. place, by the way. My oldest cousin opened it, so if you show up just tell ’em I sent you! I’m most curious to try the pear gorgonzola ravioli…
- This just in. I had to take a quick blogging break to shake poop down a pant leg. No, not mine…
- Have I mentioned yet that this house is infested with daddy-long-leg spiders? They multiply faster than I can kill them. I guess the good thing is that they are just daddy-long-legs and nothing worse, but I still despise them. Yesterday Violet saw one and went after it with a shoe after seeing AJ and I kill them that way so many times. I don’t care if they aren’t a bad spider, no spider is a good spider as far as i’m concerned. I remember reading a gardening article about spiders once since our patio at home is usually covered in spider webs. I was trying to find ways to keep them out short of hiring a bird to sit out there and eat them but the article was saying that spiders are good for gardens because they keep away pests. I’m sorry, I think spiders are pests. I don’t care if they catch all the bugs. I’d rather deal with bugs than spiders anyway especially considering I haven’t found a spider that keeps aphids away.
- We are on a major Dr. Suess kick lately. Violet and I are getting ready to read my all-time-favorite, On Beyond Zebra.
There’s a letter called YEKK. And the YEKK is for Yekko
Who howls in the underground grotto in Gekko
These Yekkos loves echoes, and this is their motto:
“For the best Yekko echoes, try Gekko our grotto!”
10. Violet likes to call food “yucky” to avoid eating it. Except she says, “Yutty, yutty Mamma!”