1. Violet reprimands us when we kiss too much. She came into the kitchen while we were kissing and started slapping AJ’s leg to get his attention while she yelled “No, no Daddy!”
2. Henry has a butt. Yes, I know you’re probably thinking that should be obvious to me after all the diapers I’ve changed so far, but this little boy has a solid amount of gluteus maximus. When Violet was born (don’t forget–she weighed 6 pounds, 6 ounces), she had no butt. Her tiny back morphed into her long legs without any padding in between. Henry, does not have this problem.
3. Henry also has the longest eyelashes I’ve ever seen on a baby. I think they’re longer than mine. Seriously.
4. Violet is very protective/possessive of her baby “Hewy”. Yesterday we were out to lunch with some friends, including Violet’s buddy Isla and her family, and Violet made darn sure Isla knew who Henry belonged to.
5. I was at the mall today trying to find a pair of something like these. I didn’t, but I did find the perfect dress for my brother’s wedding until I looked at the price tag and thought of all the other things I’d rather spend $250 on. Ross, here I come.
6. For those of you who like to know how much sleep new parents get so that you can (A) be glad you don’t have any kids that age and thank your lucky stars, or (B) bite your nails as you mentally prepare to face the horror that is a night without sleep when you eventually have your own little cherub; Henry sleeps at night now, and while he doesn’t sleep more than 2-3 hours at a time, he does at least sleep.