Today I asked Violet to say “AJ”. Her response?
So I recently realized that this was supposed to be Italian month. I forgot. Maybe next month. In honor of forgetting I made coconut cod and chips with a coconut-banana smoothie. Yes, it was awesome. In case you decide you want to be awesome and make it, here’s how:
1. buy fresh cod fillets, canned coconut milk, Pride of the West All Purpose Batter Mix (Haggen), potatoes, bananas.
2. cut the potatoes into wedges and coat with your own special mix of extra batter mix, black pepper, paprika, cumin, and olive oil. Bake in a sheet pan at 350 till soft. (1/2 hour?)
3. use half a can of coconut milk to mix with the batter mix till you have a soft batter to dip the fillets in. I cut my fillet in to smaller pieces because a whole fillet is too big.
5. when the potatoes are done, heat 1/4-1/3 cup canola oil in a frying pan on medium to medium-high heat. Fry the fish till golden brown or about 1-2 minutes per side.
6. Mix mayo and barbecue sauce and anything else interesting to dip your fries in.
7. Eat while still awesome and hot.
8. In a good blender, mix frozen banana chunks, the rest of the coconut milk, a little vanilla and your choice of sweetener. I used Agave nectar. Prepare your mouth for a little bit of amazingness.
Sorry, I know it’s boring to read a recipe with no pictures. I didn’t take any. However, AJ did get some great ones that demonstrate what happens when you pick your nose with marker on your fingers.