1. saving my world one pregnancy craving at a time. hot crepes with fresh blackberry jam for breakfast and tacos for dinner. I can tell violet likes my cooking when she is silent during the duration of the meal because she’s so busy pushing food into her mouth.
2. watched sherlock holmes with AJ while Violet ruled the roost at my parent’s household. Still wishing holmes had just once said something was “elementary” to his dear watson.
3. packing soft tacos to freeze for lunches with the leftovers while AJ read The Good Earth out loud.
4. reminded how glad I am not to be a peasant in china at the turn of the last century.
5. also reminded that bending over is no longer my special skill. furthermore, I sometimes grunt involuntarily when I have to stoop down to pick something up. the lesser known but just as glamorous aspect of pregnancy.
6. bath water everywhere.
7. watching my two favorite people draw each other pictures on the magnadoodle before bedtime.