When I was young I attempted to keep a diary many times. Most of my entries read something like this:
So, i know i haven’t written in here for a really really really long time, but now i’m going to write every day, so that should be good…
I’m feeling the fullness of that awkward moment that comes when returning to a long deserted diary. (Cough)…ok, tough crowd tonight…
For those of you who are wondering, I never could get into that whole starting the entry with “Dear Diary” thing. It always sounded too Anne of Green Gables to me, but hey–kudos if you do!
So, several things:
1. I’m back and will be writing every day again, so yay for you.
2. I’m pregnant.
3. Due May 5th.
4. No, I don’t know what we’re having yet.
5. Again, sorry about the whole April First thing to those of you who know what I’m talking about. But seriously, a pregnancy announcement on April Fool’s Day? C’mon!
6. Yes, I’m actually pregnant.
7. No, I don’t get morning sickness.
8. No, we didn’t just find out today; I’m actually nine weeks along.
9. No, Violet doesn’t have a clue.
10. Yes, we’re very excited.