- Don’t use generic signs, because that’s what everyone else uses and you can’t tell if you’ve already seen that garage sale.
- Don’t be a couple of creepy men in the back alley behind your house trying to sell stuff that should just be taken to the dump.
- Don’t take up all the parking in your subdivision during the community garage sale by taking your cars out of the garage and parking in the guest spots.
- Don’t try convincing me it’s an original or rare. Yes cassette tapes are vintage now–that doesn’t make them worth anything.
- Don’t get your arrows mixed up.
- Don’t just sell clothes.
- Don’t look it up online to see how much it used to be and then tell someone they’re getting a deal at 50% off. That’s called extortion.
- Don’t have firm prices.
- Don’t sell something you know is broken.
- Do sell cold soft drinks and cookies.
Obviously I garage-sale’d today…